Our History

Ministry began in the Roseburg area of the Algarose district in 1909, and through the years Eden Lutheran served those who came from Roseburg. In 1947 a Roseburg Circle requested the Board of American Missions of the Augustana Church to develop a mission in Roseburg. Rev. Willis Erickson arrived in August of 1948 and the first service was held on October 3 with 70 people present. Faith organized on March 6, 1949 with 59 charter members. By fall a building site had been selected, and groundbreaking took place on June 18, 1950 with dedication in April of 1952. Growth and development brought multiple services and enlargement of facilities. In 1957 the Eden Church at Algarose was dissolved and the membership transferred to Faith. New property in West Roseburg was acquired. Again in 1962 additional classrooms were added. Plans for a new church were developed and began in 1972. Dedication of the first unit took place September 16, 1973. In August of 1980 the new church was dedicated.


For more detailed informaton regarding our history please follow the link below